PARADE RULES, REGULATIONS, AND GUIDELINES
1. Any individuals who operate a truck, car, tractor, or any other type of vehicle in the parade must possess a valid driver’s license and proper insurance.
2. The Lincoln Veterans Parade Group reserves the right to limit the number/type of vehicles and other entries in the parade.
3. All participants are expected to abide by general behavior guidelines.
4. The Lincoln Veterans Parade Group does not endorse the views, representations, and behaviors of parade participants.
5. Registration fees and Sponsorships that cannot attend for whatever reason will not be reimbursed. This is due to incurring costs prior to the event. Event cancellation decision by the Parade will be posted on the website and announced on local programming stations. If the parade cannot be rescheduled, the registered group has the option for the Parade Group to hold their 75% of the original registration in their name to be applied toward registration fees for the following parade year. The Parade will correspond with the contact person on your registration form.
6. All entries with live animals are responsible for immediately curbing/cleaning up after their animals.
7. Animals must be of nature that noise and excitement will not frighten them.
8. Insurance must be carried in case of participant or crowd injury caused by animals.
CANDY, WATER, HANDOUTS
9. The throwing of candy and other objects is strictly prohibited. No article such as candy, etc. shall be thrown into the crowd along the parade route from the vehicles in the parade. All giveaways and candy must be handed directly to parade attendees by walkers along the route. This avoids the danger of children darting out in front of moving vehicles. For safety and insurance reasons, this rule will be strictly enforced.
10. NO WATER spraying, water balloons, or any spraying of the audience of any kind.
11. Parade officials will inspect all entries and reserve the right to eliminate any entry that is in violation.
12. Once your entry has started along the parade route, no one may board your float.
13. ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED.
The presence of alcohol creates huge liabilities. If you are found with alcohol before (line up) and during (while in route) the parade you will leave and your participation in the parade will cease. No alcohol in coolers, disguised with koozies, in buckets, etc. Remember that you are being watched by thousands but most especially by children. We also want to keep the parade a safe one for all. As participants you all have a responsibility to the parade viewers’ safety as well as your own. Thank You.
14. Entries with children under the age of 18 must have adult supervision.
15. Cars overheat or break down. Safely move the vehicle off the parade route. No special placement can be guaranteed.
16. Any misconduct during line up shall result in your entry not participating in the parade. There will be no fighting amongst entries over any subject matter. You will treat all volunteers with respect and conduct yourselves in an orderly fashion. Any concerns that you have will be directed toward the Parade Chair and not amongst yourselves. In the event that you have concern, you may contact the parade chair via cell phone (402-580-2084) and will be glad to hear your concerns and find an amicable solution. If there is any argument with the Parade Chair and/or any Parade Official’s decision you will NOT participate in the parade.
17. Assignments and Measurements are made based upon information given on the forms that you have filled out. That is another reason why it’s important to be as accurate and informative as possible.
18. Section’s entries are marked with signs and you may find parade officials in your section to assist you if need be.
19. Changes in the parade line up the day of parade will be at the sole discretion of the parade officials and parade chair.
20. Semi trucks are not to be left running during line up. It is difficult to hear and give directions with all the other noise going on all around. Thank You.
21. Walkers can stand on the sidewalk, curb, or greens until five minutes before the start of the parade.
22. Update the parade committee or its officers of any changes to your entry.
Receipt of Entry Confirmation and Placement
23. Placement will be sent out via email within one week prior to the parade.